12 Digital Marketing Trends In 2021 You Can’t Overlook
Digital Marketing Concepts which were outrageous and revolutionary were ideas of artificial intelligence, marketing powered by data and optimising voice search engine optimisation (VSEO).
Today, for most company owners in 2021, these groundbreaking digital marketing trends are a top priority. And why would it not be? After all, if your business chooses to stay competitive in today’s online world, you should respond to the rapidly changing digital marketing practices.
As Brian Solis puts it: “To succeed in the business of the future, we have to become the very people we are trying to reach”. “The End of Business As Usual: Rewire the Way You Work to Succeed in the Consumer Revolution”, p.27, John Wiley & Sons
Therefore you need not make mistakes: we live in a time where marketing technology is changing swiftly, and customer desires and behaviours are tricky to forecast. Marketing specialists can no longer adhere to the last decade’s biases and hope that educated guesses and the same old tactics will always succeed.
Table of Contents
So, I wrote what I think are twelve digital marketing trends for 2021 that can help you survive and succeed in this changing era.
Consequently, you have already realised it, 2020 may be the year that many people notice the domination of artificial intelligence (AI) (AI). For one, I think this is likely to be at the core of global commerce and business in the future – and it’s already taking over several basic jobs.
It’s likely to be at the centre of global business and industry in the future – and it’s already taking over several basic duties.
Knightscope K5 Robots have been used to patrol parking lots and large outdoor areas. They are being deployed to help with crime prediction, reading license plates, reporting of suspicious behaviour and data collection.
These K5 Robots then relay this data back to their owners, such as Uber and Microsoft. In the same vein, it is reported that these K5 are working out to around $7 an hour. That is to say, this is an economical rate, compared to a human security guard’s wage, health insurance and other costs.
Simply a few years ago 2017, Gartner analysts projected that AI innovations would dominate in almost all new goods and services in the future by 2020 – a projection that was seconded in 2019 by Harvard Business Review.
Techgrabyte as follows: “Artificial intelligence is the biggest commercial opportunity for companies, industries, and nations over the next few decades” and “will increase global GDP by up to 14% between now and 2030,” which means that “AI latecomers will find themselves at a serious competitive disadvantage within the next several years.”
For example, here are the key reasons why companies adopt AI:
To clarify, AI will analyse user behaviour and search habits and use social media network data and blog posts to help marketers understand how their goods and services are discovered in consumers.
So in practice, chatbots are an exciting example of AI (more on that next). Hence, many companies like myself have developed a Facebook messenger bot to automate information by using natural language processing software to decode what clients want and respond as though they were real people:
So, the driving strength behind this is that a vast number of services will soon be run by artificial intelligence, hence I already see it deployed in areas such as:
• Basic communication
• Guidelines for goods
• Creation of content
• Customisation of email
• Purchases in e-commerce
AI adopting companies in 2021 will have the capabilities to reduce staffing costs and accelerate growth, thereby achieving a breakthrough over their competitors.
Here are the key reasons why AI is used by organizations:
AI Dive Deeper
Chatbots For Digital Marketing
So, as a result, in 2021, chatbots will continue to play a key role in digital marketing. This application based on AI uses instant messaging to talk with your customers or site guests in real-time, day or night.
Moreover, data strongly suggest that:
- By 2020, 85% of customer service will be operated by chatbots
- The key advantages of chatbots are 24-hour operation (64%), instant answers (55%) and basic queries (55 per cent)
- 63% prefer to talk to a company or brand through an online chatbot
- Chatbots will help organisations save more than $8 billion annually by 2022.
- By 2020, 80 per cent of organisations want chatbots:
Therefore, many customers choose or prefer to communicate with chatbots because they respond 24/7, answer instantly, remember your whole shopping history accurately and never lose patience. The virtual assistants provide excellent customer service by fulfilling customer requirements and automating repeated tasks – that means you can concentrate on more important work.
Many brands are already using chatbot technology, like Lyft brand rideshare. You can ask for a ride from Lyft via chat (Facebook messaging and slack) or by voice (Amazon Echo), and your chatbot tells you about your driver’s current position:
The app allows passengers to pick the ride category, make an inquiry, monitor their car position, give their friends an estimation of their arrival time, and pay.
The H&M, Whole Foods Store, Fandango, Sephora, Staples, the Wall Street Journal and Pizza Hut are other brands that effectively use chatBot technology.
Chatbot Dive Deeper
Digital Marketing Through Conversation
So, modern marketing’s truth becomes apparent with all of this chatter about chatbots: leading it to be more conversational. What consumers want, and so brands respond. Eighty-two per cent want an “immediate” response if consumers have a concern.
Conversational marketing allows the interaction between advertisers and consumers one-to-one in real-time.
This marketing strategy is now available through many different networks than conventional methods, enabling brands to reach consumers on their terms: devices, platforms and schedules, which serve customers the best.
In line with David Cancel, Drift founder and CEO:
“Buyers today hope to discover, earlier than later, what they are searching for. As we plan for the future, it is more critical that organisations have the option of being able to connect through a wide range of platforms than ever.”
Ultimately, a feedback-oriented model that promotes greater interaction and loyalty is the primary purpose of conversational marketing.
Conversation Marketing Dive Deeper
Customising Your Digital Marketing
You ought to personalise your digital marketing strategy if you want to stand out in 2021 – and that means tailored content, products, emails and more.
Find the following figures for individualisation:
• 63% of customers are deeply upset about generic bubbles
• 80% claim that if they provide customised digital marketing experiences, they are more likely to do business with a company
• 90% say the appeal of customisation digital marketing is important
“Customised, email messages based on behaviour are 3-fold better than batch and blast emails,” Kevin George from EmailMonks says.
• EasyJet has launched an email campaign using the airline’s history of customer voyages to generate personal stories that indicate where they might want to go. EasyJet sent approximately 12.5 million unique emails with a click-through rate of 25 per cent higher than non-personalised ones.
• Cadbury has developed a custom video campaign that matches Dairy Milk’s taste with users based on their Facebook profile details, including the age, interest and location. The campaign produced a click rate of 65 per cent and a conversion rate of 33.6 per cent, which showed that the personal touch works.
• Starbucks employs a mobile gamified app focused on data such as purchasing history and location to make its consumers personalisable and reward-friendly beverages as unique as possible, which has raised its profits to 2,56 billion $:
Customisation Dive Deeper
Digital Marketing With Videos
Today, video marketing is one of the most important marketing phenomena of digital marketing, if not for the next five to ten years. These numbers illustrate how important video is in 2021 to use in your digital marketing strategy:
• 70% of customers say they shared a video of a brand
• 72% of organisations say that the conversion rate of the video has increased
• 52% of customers say they are more confident in online purchasing decisions when they watch product videos
• 65% of management visits the site of the marketer, and 39% calls a seller when they watch a video
Hence, video is by far the perfect way to learn about new products for our customers:
The rising transition to mobile devices is one of the problems marketers have faced in recent years.
Subsequently, these old pages and emails fade away easily because they are too hard to read on small mobile screens. However, in a format that works perfectly regardless of the platform, videos will display the same data.
If the video is on your website, it is 50X (50 times!) compared to text, which drives organic findings.
Why is this so? Since video content is more impressive to users, Google promotes a page with videos that rank higher.
Video marketing is one of the best things that makes reformatting your contents simple. Imagine your YouTube channel has published a video. You can also explore using a snippet of the clip-on other platforms, instead of only post it on YouTube:
• Get the video transcribed so that you have a video text edition for content posts.
• Post transcripts for better rankings on your blog under an embedded YouTube video
• Download the raw transcription video as Facebook subtitles (native Facebook videos get a much higher impression share and engagement than shared YouTube videos)
• Transform the transcription into an individual blog post with a quick rewrite and the accompanying statistics and photos
• Edit out the audio on its own and use it as a podcast.
• Use the words “video” in subject lines to raise your open rates by 19% in your email marketing campaigns •
Here are some other patterns in video marketing, which are rapidly moving:
• Live video digital marketing is widespread in many companies that use them to perform interviews, product demonstrations and background brand vision, such as office life, the manufacture of goods, company events, etcetera.
• 1:1 is a video when corporations or advertisers produce customised video messages instead of calling or sending emails. Therefore it is simpler than ever with lower prices for movie equipment and mobile cameras of ever greater quality.
• Video SEO. YouTube and other videos are displayed in servers, so video optimisation is becoming much more important and the definition, title and file name using text overlays and closed captions. See this guide for more information on YouTube SEO.
• Video content with 360 degrees. That is to say; it is a growing trend for interactive content. Just look for the circle symbol in the top left corner, to begin sliding in, like this 360-to-one video of Hong Kong Airlines (To): The picture is shifting left or right while playing
How do you learn about new products? What sources do you trust.
Digital Marketing With Videos Dive Deeper
Using Influencer Marketing For Digital Strategies
In other words, Influencer Marketing is a kind of word of mouth marketing which uses key leaders to expand your brand message to a larger marketplace.
Hence, prominent figures may be popular individuals, but more often than not Instagram or YouTube celebrities with a big niche can distribute the company or product knowledge across their social networks.
Since influencer marketing is more authentic than business publicity in general:
• 63% of consumers agree that product views are far more relevant than those of brands.
• 58% of people in the past six months have purchased a new product because of a recommendation from an influencer
Therefore, Iceland has moved from advertising with celebrities to a campaign with real-life mothers, a very successful British supermarket chain. Together with YouTube group Channel Mum it now operates in a more “authentic” manner with various vloggers.
Hence, research indicates that 35 per cent of moms have more than conventional online videos, such as the one below:
Likewise, marketing with influencers isn’t just a trend: a mediakix report forecasts that advertising spending to influence marketing will hit 15 billion dollars by the year 2022:
Moreover, artificial intelligence may also impact influencer marketing. Every year, AI makes it easier and quicker for partners to find the correct influencers. It helps to recognise those with improved commitment, fewer counterfeits and an increased opportunity to generate positive investment returns (ROI). Furthermore, artificial intelligence transforms influencer marketing:
• ANN Image Recovery (Artificial Neural Networks) Image recognition
• Determination of NLP influencer results (Natural Language Processing)
• ANN predicting incentives
• Assess the effect of an influencer
• Flagging notes not meeting the criteria for disclosure;
• Deletion of spam
Influencer Marketing Dive Deeper
Apps For Messenger Marketing
Consequently, if you think social media platforms are just for sending emojis to your friends, look at the following information by Statista:
• 1.3 billion Facebook Messenger monthly users are active:
• 10 billion Facebook Messenger messages are shipped every month between people and businesses
• WhatsApp has 1,6 billion active users and a daily distribution of 55 billion messages
• The top 3 social networking applications, namely WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and WeChat, are more combined than Facebook and YouTube users
These figures reveal the prevalence of social messages applications, and because people spend more time texting, it is wise to sell the goods and services of your business where your future customers hang.
Social Networking applications can be useful to deliver messages directly to consumers as they allow the user experience to be customised and add value. Moreover, people expect companies to be present on message apps
• Contact cultivation
• Supplying data
• Increased revenue
• Include individuals in events
• Regain your lost customers
• Assist and support assistance
Messenger Apps Dive Deeper
Utilising Visual Searches Digitial Marketing Trends
Visual searches will carry the user experience to a whole new level: users can upload an image for search purposes and get more detailed results.
A) Through the Lens of Pinterest
Pinterest did not surprise to hop on the visual search vehicle. Lens, a visual search app, was created to allow users to take a picture of an object to find out where to purchase it online, look for similar products or display pinboards of similar items.
It transforms the camera of your phone into a search bar as Marketing Land put it:
Pinterest’s Lens has recognised 2,5 billion home and fashion items ever since its beta release, inspired over 600 million searches of mobile apps and browser expansions from Pinterest, and saw 140 per cent increase since its launch day.
Pinterest has changed the features further:
• Pincodes, a QR code application, have been introduced to help you find inspiration when shopping or flipping through your favourite magazines.
- Lens Your Look has been released to get the cameras out of the planning phase. •
• They have collaborated with Samsung to visually scan their newest smartphones and target to allow consumers to search their catalogue using their products in the real world.
• Pinterest Shop That Look, a feature which allows users to buy products from Pinterest companies, is completely automated, so that, for example, you can purchase jeans in a photo.
• They began a body of new resources to help merchants sell their goods, including catalogues, that can be uploaded and turned into shoppable pins in their product catalogue.
Make sure you optimise your visual search because the top search categories for lenses (not surprisingly) are:
• Home Decorating
• The outfits are available.
B) Google Lens
Pinterest is not the only visual search. Google Lens is a Google Visual Search Engine that uses a camera app to identify items and landmarks. What can you do if you take a picture of the following articles?
• Home goods and clothing: Find and place to buy similar products.
• Barcodes: To find product information using a barcode, for example, where to buy a product.
• Business card: Save your telephone or contact address.
• Book: Read reviews and obtain an overview.
• Billboard or event flyer: add the event to your schedule.
• Location or construction: Historical facts, operational hours, and more.
• Museum painting: reading and learning more about the artist.
• Animal or Plant: Learn about plant and animal species.
As CNet says, when it comes to the enhancement of real-time reality “Google Lens has become what Google Glass was never.”
CamFind is another mobile visual search application that lets you search your phone with a photograph.
You can find similar images, price comparisons, local purchasing results, etcetera., instead of typing queries into a search engine. You can also take the photo of a film poster, and CamFind will display information on the movies, trailers, showtimes and local theatres.
Player for Video
D) Search for Bing Visual
And you can search a certain element in an image with Bing Visual Search without all current hoops.
For instance, say you are looking for inspiration for kitchen decoration, and your attention is drawn to an image. To get the “detail view,” you click on the result in the thumbnail. The overall setting is excellent, but you are especially interested in this nice look. Do you not like knowing where you can get one like that? You can now search with Bing Visual.
Today, according to Social Media Today:
• 62 per cent of Millennia are more interested than any other new technology in visually searching.
• Images for 19% of Google search queries are being returned
• Pinterest searches are more than 600 million per month
Marketers can take advantage over rivals through the 2021 visual search trend to attract consumers and provide them with the ideal product.
Digital Marketing Micro moment Moments
“A micro-moment, when someone turns to a device to take action in need – to learn, go, do or buy.” A micro-moment.
It is in these four micro-moments, people usually make real-time decisions:
Moreover, it would be a great idea if you were where customers are scanning for information – or, as Google puts it, marketers need to “be there, be useful, be quick” – to take advantage of micro-moments in 2021.
Micro-moments’ increasing popularity means marketers must reconsider the linear marketing funnel following a fixed path: consciousness, contemplation, and decision.
In 2021, due to the fast-changing consumer needs, the customer path becomes more complex and unpredictable. After all, people are used to instant gratification during their mobile age. You want to read more, see more, or acquire more with only a few clicks of a button if you think or talk about something.
According to Mention:
To maximum out of micro-moments in 2021, you should:
• Distinguish your customers’ “I want to buy” moments
• Be there in these times of need
• Present appropriate content
• Deliver straightforward steps for them to make a purchase
• Measure each moment that matters
Digital Marketing Smart Speakers & Voice Search
In 2021 businesses have modified their digital marketing strategies by increasing the use of voice search. Taking these numbers into account:
- By 2020, 50% of the searches will be performed by voice
- By 2022, 55 per cent of all US homes will have an intelligent speaker
- 72% of people with voice-activated speakers say their systems are used in their everyday routines
- Voice shopping will be jumping from $2 billion to $40 billion in 2022.
- The world’s smart speaker shipments increased nearly tripled from 9.36 million units to 26.1 million units between Q1 2018 and Q2 2019.
In total, in the future people expect even more from voice search:
Also, voice searches play a major role in providing all knowledge related to people’s audio search. The number of voice assistants like Alexa, Siri and Google has declined considerably, and AI becomes much smarter.
Many brands now use voice search for their customers in their digital marketing strategies to efficiently deliver value-based content:
- Patron Tequila offers custom cocktail recipes to customers – Ask Patron
- Pizza lovers are allowed to order from their sofa comfort without having to collect the telephone or order online – Domino’s Voice Ordering
- Paypal users can contact Siri for money to send to friends, families or companies – Siri can send money.
- Nestlé has developed an ability to teach voice when you cook – Nestle Alexa What’s Cooking
- Campbell’s Soup Co has the opportunity to make decisions and cook recipes for hungry customers
Subsequently, in hopes of brand recognition, more businesses will create audio content, but advertisements will probably go next. That means, Alexa and a “word from her sponsor” will give you the answer to your question.
Therefore all voice technology, remember to write in a conversational tone, concentrate on snippets on Google, and think about keywords people talk instead.
Optimising voice search is a fantastic way to raise awareness for brands, but how will that turn into sales? In 2021, more companies will continue to harness this opportunity and experiment with innovative concepts to use intelligent speakers as a lucrative means of driving sales.
At present, Jetson is an early partner in the voice market field which enables people to make purchases with their voice-enabled devices:
The secret to firms’ realisation is that voice search is not another means of forcing messages and sales. Instead, marketers need a new approach to customer engagement to be part of a wider brand experience, which is more connected.
Voice Search Dive Deeper:
Social Commerce & Shoppable Posts Digital Marketing Strategies
It’s no wonder that marketers use the two together to increase opportunities for profits because e-commerce and the media are rising at unprecedented rates.
In March 2019, Instagram launched Instagram checkout that enables users to finish shopping inside Instagram: Instagram.
E-commerce brands hope this decreases the likelihood that clients will avoid shopping when they switch apps or sign in.
You heard now that Instagram loves to cover and that you thought the sharing photo app had declined with all the fuss. Only think again. Think again.
Social media for digital marketing is integral, and visual channels like Instagram are a gold channel for marketers. Better still, visual commerce is beginning to grow as more customers are prepared to purchase goods through their advertisements.
Instagram estimates that the app has 1 billion users, 90 per cent of which are already active shopping brands, many of whom visit those profiles every day. So what better strategy than using shoppable posts to harness this immense potential?
E-commerce can create and post interactive advertising to allow users to click and buy quickly. Instagram claims this will make it easier for marketers to meet potential clients, since it will shorten sales pipeline quickly, allowing users to get the immediate access they want.
Augmented Reality (AR) and Immersive Technologies For Digital Marketing
Gartner expects that 70% of companies would experiment with immersive technology by 2022, and 25% would have been used for manufacturing.
Though virtual reality (VR) makes a great deal of noise and excites everybody with great science fiction concepts, AR is a lot more commercially feasible. Experts say that in terms of market share, AR will continue to outstrip VR:
Brands use this technology more and more to increase customer experience and sales.
Rodan and Fields Match Your Natural Glow manufactures brand AR applications. An amazing example of ModiFace technology, Sephora Virtual Artist enables you to see how your face will look at the different colours in various shapes without having to go to a store and apply it physically:
IKEA has its own IKEA Place app that lets you get a photo of a room with your smartphone camera on your home (for now, just iOS 11.0.1) so that IKEA’s furniture is checked there by the “test drive.” The furniture can be pushed around and checked out from various points of view:
With AR increasingly developing, brands which will find useful applications for the technology will be greatly taken over in the future.
Conclusion Digital Marketing Trends for 2021
These same social platforms have taken pages of playbooks: Instagram “stolen” stories from Snapchat in 2016 and hopefully made the format stronger. Flash on to the present, and Facebook has integrated a story-like feature in all its applications, including WhatsApp and Messenger. Twitter now has its Fleets, a photo and video feature that vanishes.
However, the pandemic has significantly improved the speed at which these changes occur while the shift was in motion before 2020. The pandemic caused social media use — particularly on TikTok — and slowed ad spending temporarily, which quickly led to the introduction of new services on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.
Not all features on each platform will work, as their user base and value ideas are different. Do users of Twitter want – or need – transient content as users of Instagram or Snapchat? Perhaps not. Not definitely. Are Instagram users going to follow short videos like TikTok? Everything indicates yes.
Therefore, you can’t overlook this – my guide to the 12 most important digital marketing developments in 2021.
As John F. Kennedy said once: “Life’s rule is changing. And the future is sure to miss those who look only to the past or the present.”
The shift is an important part of the job for those involved in digital marketing. It would help if you continued to look forward to adopting new technology, resources and tactics to take advantage of your competitors.