- Niacinamide for Hyperpigmentation
It increases keratin and ceramide levels in the skin. This improves skin moisture retention, keeping dry skin healthy, firm, and hydrated. This is vital for mature skin.
Niacinamide, found in moistened skin, regulates sebaceous gland oil production. So it reduces skin moisture loss and gland overheating.
Resulting in your skins ability to regenerate cells, defend itself from harmful UV rays, and naturally reverse sun-induced skin damage like wrinkles and fine lines.
The ‘maverick’ component is antimicrobial and reduces skin inflammation and redness. It treats skin irritation, acne, blotchiness, eczema, and other inflammatory skin conditions. When applied regularly, it promotes collagen formation, cures hyperpigmentation, and naturally minimises skin pores.
- Niacinamide for Anti-ageing
Niacinamide has been proven to decrease transepidermal water loss by improving stratum corneum barrier function. Furthermore, Niacinamide stimulates the skin’s natural lipid production, particularly ceramides.
Rodan and Fields REVERSE TARGETED DARK SPOT CORRECTOR – with Niacinamide for Anti-ageing
Browse Now >>>
Attempt to remove obstinate dark marks. For clearer, more even-toned skin, the exclusive RF3 Antioxidant Complex precisely targets and reduces the size + intensity of discolouration + dark spots. It’s the ideal complement to any Regimen.
Typical Usage: Twice daily, in the morning and evening.
PRIMARY BENEFITS: Reduces dark spots visibly and protects against environmental aggressors that cause discolouration
SKIN CONCERNS: Unwanted dark spots and blotches, uneven skin tone
- Niacinamide for Acne-prone skin?
The antibacterial characteristics of niacinamide help treat inflammatory acne caused by propionibacterium acnes (p.acnes) in clogged pores.
Niacinamide is a gentle exfoliant and sebum reducer. For non-inflammatory acne like blackheads and whiteheads, it can help reduce excess oil production and improve the skin’s capacity to shed dead cells.
Hormones, stress, or specific dietary habits may cause acne. However, it may help reduce the appearance of breakouts and reduce redness and swelling.
Niacinamide Benefits for Acne
Niacinamide is well-known as an acne treatment. It works in several ways:
- Sebum reduction: Sebum is produced by the sebaceous glands in your skin. Niacinamide is sebostatic, meaning it lowers sebum secretion. This is vital because excess sebum and dead skin cells get caught in your pores, causing inflammatory and non-inflammatory acne. As a result of lowering sebum production, Niacinamide lessens the likelihood of acne worsening or even occurring.
- Anti-inflammatory effects of niacinamide help minimise acne redness and oedema. It does this by inhibiting enzymes involved in the expression of inflammation-promoting genes. As a result, Niacinamide for acne can help reduce the appearance of outbreaks.
- Accelerating cell turnover rate: The skin’s failure to adequately shed dead cells adds to acne development. Although not established, Niacinamide may help enhance skin surface cell turnover, minimising the probability of dead skin cells getting trapped in pores.
Rodan and Fields Skincare with Niacinimide – FOR ACNE
UNBLEMISH ACNE WASH
Wash away your blemishes. Clear blemishes and unclog pores while nourishing skin for cleaner, brighter-looking skin.
Typical Use: Twice daily, in the morning and evening.
Primary benefits: Removes excess oil, makeup, and pollutants that create clogged pores and inflammation.
SKIN CONCERNS: Adult acne and pimples, oiliness, uneven tone and texture
UNBLEMISH TONER FOR BLEMISH CLARIFICATION
Allow your pores to breathe. This toner contains gentle Alpha-Hydroxy Acids that help open and unclog pores while also brightening, relaxing, and firming the skin.
Typical Dosage: 1-2 times per day KEY BENEFITS: Exfoliates, soothes, and calms acne-prone skin while also clearing pores and brightening tone.
SKIN CONCERNS: Adult acne and pimples, oiliness, uneven tone and texture Pores that are clogged and swollen, Blackheads
UNBLEMISH DUAL INTENSIVE ACNE TREATMENT
Give acne a one-two punch. This dual-chamber technology penetrates your pores with 2.5 per cent Benzoyl Peroxide to help remove and prevent blemishes while moisturising and noticeably plumping skin.
Typical use: 1-2 times a day is a typical dose.
KEY BENEFITS: Clears acne and prevents outbreaks by penetrating clogged pores, hydrating, and visibly firming skin.
CONCERNS ABOUT THE SKIN: Adult acne and pimples, Oiliness, Inconsistent tone and texture, Pores that are clogged and swollen, Blackheads