Pinterest for Business in Japan: The Marketing Hidden Gem?
Pinterest for Business, so I have always felt that Pinterest is a great platform for businesses and that it is an underutilized hidden gem of an SNS platform. “Pinterest is growing FAST”. It has seen an increase in 100 million global users since April of 2019.
Pinterest for Business – a hidden gem.
Pinterest, the platform for business, is a crucial tool for me. I use it daily as do many marketers and businesses worldwide, with its clever and user-friendly interface appealing to a wide audience. However, is it also effective for the Japanese market?
I strongly believe that Japanese companies and businesses would see the benefits of using the service, adding to their already huge media sharing portfolio? Let’s find out!
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a search engine for images.
In contrast to what many consider it as social media platforms, Pinterest is actually a visual search engine, just like Google, where it shows different visuals in “pins” depending on the keywords that are being searched.
Pinterest in Japan
The biggest difference between Google and Pinterest is that the latter service focuses on “Image” rich content, such as images and videos over “Text”. Hence, it is an essential tool to succeed in this SNS Marketing Platform also to be able to have great visual marketing assets.
I am someone who loves visuals I have always been drawn to using Pinterest.
Who Uses Pinterest For Business?
80% of the user base consists of women – Pinterest for Business
The largest user base component consists of women, accounting for 80% of the total pie (for Japan). Half of the total users are between 35 -54, signifying a higher income/purchasing power than in many other platforms (such as Twitter). This would be a top-rated platform for businesses in Japan or Asia to target their audience if they were catering to women with a higher income.
Many mainly use the service to find How to DIY – inspiration for products, learn new ideas and knowledge, and purchase goods and services. This is where I focus on providing ideas and knowledge to understand what you are providing is useful people. It is important with these visual layouts to also concentrate on what people might be searching for, with a fifth of your images your product asset, to build brand awareness with the option for a call to action—a way to purchase the products through a click-through link.
Why Is Pinterest Essential and useful for Business Marketing in Japan and Asia?
- The substantial growth in Japanese users, going from 4 million in 2018 to more than 5 million a year later (Uniad). This number is expected to grow even faster in the coming years. Globally, it grew 26% in users last year!
Business in Japan
- Much easier to gain exposure and appeal for newer accounts and pins. A 2019 survey showed that three-quarters of users expressed a high interest in new products and content. (Hootsuite)
- Extremely high motive to purchase -> 48% of total users have shopping as their top priority when using the service (compared to other platforms: Instagram: 10%, Facebook: 14%) (Hootsuite)
- The power of visual content speaks much stronger compared to a simple text search result.
- With its future properly planned out, Great executive board proven by their exciting move to hire the former head of Google’s image search as their lead engineer. (VentureBeat)
- A rare gem for the Japanese market, yet to be uncovered by many, allowing for an easier journey to become a leader in your respective market within the service.
Implementing Pinterest for your Business Marketing Strategy?
Pinterest as part of your SNS marketing strategy – Personal Branding Strategy
My answer would be that all businesses should include Pinterest in their sns | marketing strategy, using it as a visual storytelling and marketing tool. More than 175 billion pins are on the platform today, going over contents from a diverse set of industries and categories. This means that it accepts everything and everyone, as long as you have something of value to offer to the public.
As mentioned, albeit growing its presence rapidly in Japan, it’s still an area where not many have challenged, which again signifies a great opportunity for you and your business to achieve a high ranking and authority for your selected keywords.
I will have to mention that businesses that offer e-commerce and blogs that share valuable information tend to do better on the service than others. You could do many workarounds, for example, if you’re a professional agency in a specific industry, write blogs that focus on your expert, and share it on Pinterest. You’ll be able to reach many new leads coming from your content (a merge of visual and content marketing).
How To Be Successful On Pinterest? Pinterest for Business
You’re convinced to begin taking the first step into Pinterest, but you have no idea how to start. Don’t worry; I was like that too. As I’ll be writing one full article on this, I won’t go into too many details, but here are some of the key points you’ll have to keep in mind:
- Being active on the platform is necessary – Create/repin at least 10 pins per day (saving other users’ pins count).
- Use appropriate keywords – It’s a search engine just like Google, so find keywords that people may search to look for your content.
- Join group boards related to your topic, and post in it (only join ones with more followers than you)
- Create great appealing designs and copywriting for your pins that would attract your target’s attention
How Can We Easily Make an Attractive Pin (in 3 minutes)?
Pinterest for Business and Personal Branding
Pinterest for Business in Japan
Canva, a website that allows you to easily create designs for all kinds of media from Pinterest, channel arts, Facebook images, thumbnails, and many more. Channel arts, Facebook images, thumbnails, and many more. They have many templates and copyright-free images that would help you create your perfect pin in a matter of minutes! This is all without having to use Adobe Photoshop etc.
Canva offer uses a free 30-day | This article is not sponsored by Canva
# Canva doesn’t sponsor this article – I love this product
#icontumblr #pinterestideas #koltukşalı #igneaski #pintrest #audreyandersonworld #örgühırka #pinterestwin #pinterestphoto #pinterestinspired #visualstorytelling #storytelling #sns #marketinghowto #SocialMediaforBusiness